Ethernet performance tests

Stefano Gridelli sgridelli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 05:25:23 UTC 2010

I tried the "ultra high throughput" script just for fun to see how much I
could push ... I got a solid 920 mbps stream for the entire time I run the
test (circa 30-60 seconds) with not spikes. The hardware in that case were
two IBM hs-20 blades with broadcom chipsets.

I said for fun because if we use ixchariot for throughput tests usually is
just for small T1 sites (max 3xT1) so I have never seen the issue you
mentioned. Usually on the same T1, we fill the data VLAN with traffic and
then we run x voice pairs on the voice vlan to validate QoS (MOS score).

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Jonathon Exley <Jonathon.Exley at kordia.co.nz