ipv6 vs. LAMP

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:02:15 UTC 2010

IMHO you should never, ever make your MySQL accesible over the public
Internet, which renders the issue of MySQL not supporting IPv6 correctly
mostly irrelevant. You could even run your MySQL behind your web backend
using RFC1918 space (something I do recommend).

Moreover, if you need direct access to the engine, you can trivially create
an SSH tunnel (You can even do this in a point-and-click way using the
latest MySQL Workbench). SSH works over IPv6 just fine.

And for the LAMP stack, as long as the "A" fully supports IPv6 (which it
does), we are fine.

Warm regards,

Carlos