ARIN recognizes Interop for return of more than 99% of 45/8 address block

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Thu Oct 21 00:29:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 03:23:48PM -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> I remember writing (complaining) about it in a thread back in April,
> appreciated.

	I still don't know why anyone would complain, although I do
thank Interop for their generosity.

	Here's some truth:

	1) At most, we buy ourselves a few months.

	2) Specified transfer is really just a way for those that would
	have to renumber to free up space, to be compensated for their
	expense in doing so.

	3) We can reclaim parts of every /8 we want, and the only thing
	we'll do is give those that are slow to migrate to v6 an
	excuse to stall a bit longer.

	We're gonna hit the wall.  Delaying the inevitable, is not really
in anyone's interest.  The sooner we hit the wall, the sooner that v6
deployment clue is imparted.*

	--msa

*	And I say this as one of the people that spent many years bitching
	about v6's flaws -- however, we no longer have time to debate them,
	or try to switch horses midstream, 6rd style.  That ship sailed.
	Suck it up and go native, already.  Sheesh.  If you work for an
	MSO, I am *really* talking to you, especially if your name starts
	with a C and ends with an x.  Thanks for listening.