Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Mon Oct 18 16:53:02 UTC 2010

On 10/18/10 9:33 AM, Tony Hain wrote:
> This 'get a /32' BAD ADVICE has got to stop. There are way too many people
> trying to force fit their customers into a block that is intended for a
> start-up with ZERO customers.
>
> Develop a plan for /48 per customer, then go to ARIN and get that size
> block.

Develop a plan, consider the prior art, consider the possibly that you
might deploy 6rd, consider what your peers are doing, consider the
projections for your business. Go to arin with a request that meets your
current and anticipated needs and that is defensible.

don't decide without thinking it through that you're assigning a
customer a /64 a /60 a /56 or even /48. this should be defensible as
part of a business plan, otherwise what's the point?