Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Mon Oct 18 16:33:59 UTC 2010

This 'get a /32' BAD ADVICE has got to stop. There are way too many people
trying to force fit their customers into a block that is intended for a
start-up with ZERO customers.

Develop a plan for /48 per customer, then go to ARIN and get that size
block. Figure out exactly what you are going to assign to customers later,
but don't tie your hands by asking for a block that is way too small to
begin with. Any ISP with more than 30k customers SHOULD NOT have a /32, and
if they got one either trade it in or put it in a lab and get a REAL block.

Tony