Network Operators Unite Against SORBS

Ken Chase ken at sizone.org
Tue Oct 12 16:54:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:25:23AM -0700, Scott Howard said:
  >I'm no fan of SORBS, but at the end of the day (ignoring the issues like
  >they had last week) they do what they say they do.

Disagree.

I have followed all the quasi RFC's Mich* Sullivan quotes to get my blocks unlisted,
and after a good 20 hours work over a few weeks, with everything 100% compliant
and all my reverses now with *.static.* and *.colo.* and whatever else (I've tried
multiples), they're still not delisted. I run racks of gear in a colo, not broadband.
Go figure. We hashed it out in a long thread on the list here to no avail.

SORBS doenst do what it says it does, for many there's no way to get off their
list except changing IPs.

As much as you guys hate the noise here, I see other noises that I tolerate on
the list for everyone's mutual eventual benefit. Im SURE someone could 'contact
a yahoo network admin' in some other fashion than Nanog, Nanog is just the easiest
way at that point to get ahold of someone. Talking about SORBS on Nanog is
in the same boat at times. I'd tolerate it until the issue is fixed.

/kc
--
Ken Chase - ken at heavycomputing.ca - +1 416 897 6284 - Toronto CANADA
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151 Front St. W.