Equinix MPLS connectivity

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 16:12:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Brandon Kim <brandon.kim at brandontek.com> wrote:
> Hi Leo:

since you are addressing my comment, probably you meant 'chris' there...

> Just trying to understand the lingo. What do you mean by buying a "wave" on
> someone's dwdm system? And what is dwdm?

'wave' - wavelength, one optical path (though a single wavelength used not many)
'dwdm' - dense wave division multiplexing, many optical transport
systems today multiplex different optical wavelengths on a single
fiber. Most optical transport vendors will sell you one wavelength
from point to point on their system, or many waves if you need more
than one wave's capacity.

-chris