AS6517 - Reliance Globalcom -- routing three more hijacked blocks - bulk Whois

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Oct 7 14:35:08 UTC 2010

On Oct 7, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> in stabbing around today on the ARIN online website I noticed this:
>
> " ARIN provides access to a list of number resources in the database
> which have no valid POC data. A POC handle is marked invalid by ARIN
> staff when the POC has not been modified in more than one year and the
> POC fails to respond to ARIN's annual request to validate their POC
> information. In order to access this report, NRPM Policy 3.6.1
> requires that you meet the criteria specified in ARIN’s Bulk Whois
> policy, including signing an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Complete
> information on Bulk Whois, including the AUP and data request form can
> be found here. "
>
> one wonders if this sort of thing could be useful to folks maintaining
> lists of numbers that are used to affect other folks business plans.

Chris -

  Very timely...  I should advise the community that a revised ARIN
  Bulk WHOIS policy will be sent for community consultation shortly,
  and folks should take a chance to comment on the valid uses of
  access to this data.  More information on how ARIN processes
  incoming suggestions and consultations is available here:
  <https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html>

FYI,
/John

John Curran