AS11296 -- Hijacked? (ARIN region & hijacking)

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sun Oct 3 05:02:59 UTC 2010

> This is *your* (the collective "your") WHOIS database, and ARIN will
> administer
> it per any policy which adopted by the community.
>
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN
>
> P.S.  I will note that we fully have the potential to recreate this
> problem
>       in IPv6 if we're not careful, and establishing some very clear
> record
>       keeping requirements for IPv6 with both RIRs and ISPs/LIRs is
> going to
>       be very important if we ever hope to determine the party using a
> given
>       IPv6 block in just a few short years...

So then the question is, what can we as a community (note that is not
ARIN specific) do that makes it more difficult for someone to
fraudulently announce number resources they aren't really entitled to?
On the reactive side, we could have more people actively searching for
such abuse.  What can be done on the proactive side to make it more
difficult to do it in the first place?