router lifetime

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Sun Oct 3 01:22:27 UTC 2010

Well a lot of routers even 3 years ago support IPv6. You can dual-stack pretty much any router today if you have
the right IOS. But I do understand your concern, if you want to future proof your purchase, I'd think any modern
router today with a good support contract will take care of you for quite some time.
Make sure it's not close to EOL.

What kind of router are you considering? Is this for a large network? What are the network needs?