Verifying route origins and ownership (Was: ARIN Fraud Reporting Form ... Don't waste your time)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Oct 1 15:12:16 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-01 17:04, Christopher Morrow wrote:
[..]
> I think so far the models proposed in SIDR-wg include:
>   o more than one cert tree (trust anchor)

Why not in a similar vain as RBLs: white and black lists.

One can then subscribe to the white & black lists that one trust and
give positive/negative points when an entry appears on one of those
lists, based on the points that a prefix/asnpath combo gets it is either
accepted, rejected or operator-warned.

And the good one of course is that you can setup your own repository and
give that out to your own systems or to other people's, then you just
score your system above the other lists and presto you can overrule
decisions which would be made otherwise.

If you have multiple sources you trust, you are effectively just adding
redundancy to your system, all problems solved. Works for spam, should
also work for this.

Greets,
 Jeroen