Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Tue Nov 30 13:08:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> I will be the first to advocate the government use minimal to no
> regulation where there is active competition and consumer choice,
> and thus folks can "vote with their dollars".
>
> Broadband in the US is not in that boat.  Too many consumers have
> a "choice" of a single provider.  The vast majority of the rest
> have the "choice" of two providers.  We make these monopoly or

I believe regulation of peering among the largest networks in the U.S.
is a question of when and how, not if.  The more these incidents make
it into the news and attract the attention of public policy-makers,
the closer that "when" may become.  Comcast is either very clever, or
very stupid, for timing this in such a way that it has been spun into
an issue of who is streaming what into their customers' living rooms.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>