Level 3 Communications Issues Statement ConcerningComcast'sActions

Michael Painter tvhawaii at shaka.com
Tue Nov 30 08:13:29 UTC 2010

Ben Butler wrote:
> Same hymn sheet, if they pay enough the cost averaging model works again and we don't have to worry about latency
> critical or
> transfer volume.  The problem is that they wont pay for it.

I became interested in these guys: http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop in 2008 because they were one of the first
to use DPI (and admit it) to enforce their TOS.  Every time I check their site (~every 8-10months), they seem to have won
another award.
Is 'Net Neutrality', the FCC, or something else preventing a model like this from having success in the U.S.?
Or does it exixt and I just haven't heard about it?

--Michael