Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast'sActions

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Nov 30 07:09:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Andrew Koch <andrew.koch at gawul.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 22:17, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> So if we can't bill you by usage, and at a consumer level we can't,
>> then we have to find another way. Statistics and prayer isn't working
>> out as well as we'd hoped so we're looking at double-billing schemes.
>> Bad plan!
>
> If double billing is such a bad plan, what are your proposed alternatives?

Hi Andrew,

Back in the dialup days the solution was a single word: attended. The
$100 account was 24/7 and the $20 account was "unlimited attended
dialup." First month you got a warning so we could be sure you
understood that 24/7 was a different account. Second month was upgrade
or goodbye.

-Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004