Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast'sActions

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Nov 30 04:04:24 UTC 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 10:51 PM, Ben Butler wrote:

> In the Uk, we used to have 2MB DSL, and business providers like myself would happily provide it on the basis of CBR 2Mbit and we did'nt care what you did with it.  2Mbit is more than enough for streaming and I challenge anyone otherwise.

I say otherwise.

So do many customers who want 720 or 1080 lines on their TV.

So do many content providers who want to satisfy their customers.

But it is your network, your rules.  If your customers do not want "HD quality", and are happy with 1.5 Mbps streams per DSL line, that's between you & your customers.  Of course, if your customers want more, that's between your customers and your competitors....

--
TTFN,
patrick