Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 03:22:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> No one will ever be in ratio compliance with an eyeball dominant
> network.  Ever.   Period.  It's not possible via technology and
> TOS.  Enforcing it as an eyeball network just forces content providers
> to aquire eyeballs, e.g. compete with you.  That's bad business.

see craig's report from nanog47:
<http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/presentations/Monday/Labovitz_ObserveReport_N47_Mon.pdf>

not for a time has Comcast been solely an 'eye-ball' network... or so
they think.

-chris
(I don't disagree with leo's stance, though I'm not a peering person
so I really try never to know how all of that magic works)