Jumbo frame Question

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Nov 26 17:39:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:26:30 +0200, Saku Ytti said:

> You are theoretically winning 4.2%, which works only internally in your
> network, so maybe you'll be able to capitalize on that 4.2% on backup
> traffic or so.
> Doesn't seem like that critical win to be honest.

That's only half the calculation.  The *other* half is if you have gear that
has a packets-per-second issue - if you go to 9000 MTU, you can move 6 times as
much data in the same packets-per-second. Anybody who's ever had to
trim a complicated ACL list because it saturated the CPU knows what I mean.