<Free Ping services that test your servers Availability from the Internet>

Michael Ruiz mruiz at lstfinancial.com
Fri Nov 26 17:14:32 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

                I had a situation recently that our network went down
and our Network Monitoring software did not notify us that the network
was down because the internet connection went down.  We had a problem
with our carrier where they messed up on our /23(where our Network
Monitoring software resides), when they did a maintenance.  What
transpired is our /23 was no longer routing to us.  Is there a free ping
internet service, or something that we can pay a company that just sends
a ping to devices?  If they fail to respond, then an email is sent to
us?  Thank you folks.

M.A.R

Senior Network Engineer