Network management software with high detailed traffic report

LaDerrick H. nanog at lacutt.com
Fri Nov 26 15:31:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 07:06:26AM +0000, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Sergey Voropaev wrote:
>
> >  Our task - is to find such applications and report to management and developers a problem. Also if we'll be aware about it we could configure
> > QoS.
>
> One place to start would be an open-source NetFlow collector/analyzer like nfdump/nfsen:
>
> <http://nfdump.sourceforge.net/>
>
> <http://nfsen.sourceforge.net/>

I use these tools with great success and can recommend them for a quick,
easy setup and trouble free operation.  Combined with a few Linux based
internal gateways using fprobe-ulog (http://fprobe.sourceforge.net/) and
you can get a good picture of what's happening on your network.

This page may provide some guidance:
http://mithrandi.net/blog/2010/03/netflow-traffic-monitoring-on-debian-lenny/

> Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>
>
>  	       Sell your computer and buy a guitar.