reporting physical plant damage to AT&T?

Warren Bailey wbailey at gci.com
Fri Nov 26 05:23:45 UTC 2010

Our fiber optic system is on every maritime map in existence, along with
our Network Operations Control Center's phone number. We still get the
occasional oops from a rouge fisherman who decides his net must be caught
on something else. Unfortunately, as they say - You can't fix stupid.

And just as a side note, AT&T should send you a check. I do not doubt they
would have spent hours and hours trying to troubleshoot circuits somewhere
scratching their heads all Thanksgiving evening. Consider yourself one of
the rare ones, because I know we rarely (read: Not, Ever) get calls from
concerned customers about Ped's being knocked over. If anything it's a guy
sitting in a backhoe wondering what that there black wire is doin' in his
yard.

Have a good Thanksgiving. :)

//warren

Warren Bailey | RF Engineer