Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Fri Nov 19 16:13:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 17:06 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 14:14, Scott Morris <swm at emanon.com> wrote:
>
> > If 8 bits is a byte, then 16 bits should be a mouthful.
>
> When does it become a meal and, more importantly, do you want to
> supper (sic) size?

The supersize option offered by e.g. McDonalds is not much larger than
the normal meal size in my experience.

So I guess, 8 bits = small, 16 bits = meal, 24 bits = supersize or
something, but that doesn't fit well with IPv6 since each segment
between colons is only 16 bits.

We could call the :: part the 'liposection' though.

William