Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

Fri Nov 19 02:07:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

as most of you are aware, there is no definite, canonical name for the
two bytes of IPv6 addresses between colons. This forces people to use
a description like I just did instead of a single, specific term.

Being highly pedantic Germans, this annoyed quite a few people within
the DENOG community. This, in turn, lead to an I-D[1]. If any of you
have any additional suggestions, you are more than  welcome to share
them. Additionally, I want to invite everyone to participate in an
informal poll which we created[2]. We're fully aware that it's trivial
to cheat on this poll; that's life.

As of right now, Quibble leads with Hextet being a close second. All
other options got significantly less votes.

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming
[2] http://doodle.com/5q9gfvk4qe6zmzc6