IPv6

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:17:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 5:14 PM, Lee Riemer wrote:
>> Try tracerouting to 2001:500:4:13::81 (www.arin.net) or
>> 2001:470:0:76::2 (www.he.net) via Cogent.
>>

> Interesting. I noticed a similar issue with  ipv6.cnn.com today. I dont
> see it via TATA, but see it via Cogent.  So whats the story behind it
> and ARIN not being seen through cogent ?  Is it due to no v6 relation
> bewtween he.net and Cogent ?
>
> 2620:0:2200:8:8888:8888:8888:8901  (whats with the crazy 8s?)

Wow.  CNN now has IPv6.  That's awesome.  I guess i missed the memo.

So, major players with IPv6 are?

ipv6.cnn.com (just book marked it)

ipv6.comcast.net

ipv6.google.com (or you can have it all with a white-list)

www.ipv6.cisco.com

www.v6.facebook.com
m.v6.facebook.com

ipv6.t-mobile.com (admittedly, not major a major content source, but it's mine)

And, then debunking the "dual-stack is too risky" notion is
www.ucla.edu (which is a big business by most measures) and serves
AAAA and A records without a white-list or special FQDN.

I have predicted that by the end of 2011 nearly ~50% of my network
traffic (mobile provider) can be served by IPv6 natively end to end.
I think a lot of folks that measure Facebook and Google (including
YouTube)  traffic today can see how that is feasible given current
volumes and rates of growth.  Hence, the viability of IPv6-only
endpoints (especially mobile) with NAT64/DNS64 as truly connecting the
IPv4 long-tail remaining 50% that will continue to shrink as more
major sites follow the CNN's path.

Cameron
=======
http://groups.google.com/group/tmoipv6beta