Cisco 6500 QoS Priority Queuing (DSCP & EXP based)

Rampley Jr, Jim F jim.rampley at chartercom.com
Thu Nov 18 19:40:04 UTC 2010

As it relates directly to QoS on 6700 series cards, yes those blades do COS based QoS.  So if you want to put voice traffic in a priority queue you would do something like this:

! map COS 5 to the priority queue, assuming you want COS 5 in the priority queue
priority-queue cos-map 1 5
! Set the queue limit to the size you want
priority-queue queue-limit 10

Jim