IPv6 Space Management. Tracking, not Allocating

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Nov 17 17:41:47 UTC 2010

On 17/11/2010 18:30, Greg Whynott wrote:
> IPPlan does this fairly well for ipv4 space,  and they have recently added ipv6.

Good to hear they've added ipv6 support.  Here's the old IPTrack FAQ entry
for IPv6 support.  It seems to have been updated quite recently.

--
Q: I want feature X implemented and I want it NOW!/I want IPv6 support added

A: My time is limited and as I am the only developer actively working on
IPplan, only features that are of use to me or are interesting to code up
will get added quickly. Other requests will probably get added to the TODO
but will receive no attention. One feature request that comes up from time
to time is IPv6. Adding IPv6 support will require major effort but has such
a limited audience. Ironically the only people that ever requested IPv6
support are either from Telcos, ISP’s or government departments, yet they
are never interested in contributing resources! I deam them parasites of
the Open Source world - leaching off the good will and effort of the Open
Source community, yet give nothing in return.
--

Nick