Register.com DNS outages

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Sat Nov 13 23:36:22 UTC 2010

Well they are saying it's DDOS themselves. Straight from their website.

 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
3:30 PM, Saturday, November,13th - On Friday, November 12th we were hit
by a distributed denial of service attack (ddos). We are actively
working to mitigate the attack and restore services as soon as
possible. Every available resource has been deployed to address this
malicious attack. If you are having trouble accessing your webmail,
please try the below alternative webmail access points in order:
webmail01.register.com, webmail02.register.com, webmail03.register.com.
Please note, only one of these 3 webmail access points will work for
your specific Register.com email address. If you require further
assistance please contact customer service at 1888.734.4783. We will
update you as soon as we have more information.