Register.com DNS outages

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 19:01:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Brandon Kim
<brandon.kim at brandontek.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up. I just sent an email out to my companies staff to keep an eye on our own customers if they
> are noticing any issues.
>
> Times like this, makes you curious what kind of infrastructure register.com has? How does one protect against DDOS?

this is not rocket science....srsly...

<http://www.verizonbusiness.com/Products/security/network-based/>

as per usual, vzb's website is a poor excuse for a marketting tool (or
sales tool, or information gathering tool.. ugh) but, bullet #2 is one
option (that register.com I think actually was offered at one point in
time...)

is 3250/month cheaper than sla payouts from 3 days of running outages
each year or so?

-chris