OT: VM slicing and dicing

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Nov 12 20:09:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Charles N Wyble wrote:

> I use Proxmox exclusively and am very happy with it. It's a great product.
> You might need to do a bit of CLI work if you want to support multiple VLANS
> or other slightly advanced features. I'm lazy but I might get around to
> patching the web UI at some point to support the stuff I do manually.  The
> OpenVZ docs are very clear and the process is pretty trivial to do on the
> CLI.

I've used OpenVZ at many sites and been really happy with it.

Managing OpenVZ from the CLI is easy.  I wrote wrapper scripts to perform
the desired functions.

It has extensive documentation available.  From a documentation point of
view it really stands out among OSS and even commercial apps.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert at timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440