Low end, cool CPE.

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Nov 12 15:36:18 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 10:55 PM, Michael Loftis wrote:
> I have sort of recently gone from a little netscreen 5 to a mikrotik rb750g.
> Happily running for about 4 months. Way more of a power user or net admin
> than consumer oriented device. Fast though, loads faster than the netscreen

I would recommend their products except for one thing: They have quite a
few different models which experience a still-unfixed problem where the
Ethernet port(s) simply go silent for 5-20 minutes and then come back
all on their own (or with a reboot). Totally unacceptable, and their
support forums are filled with others having the same problem *and* no
confirmation of what the company is doing to fix it.

And hard to debug, I'm sure, because the problem is one of those
"happens every other day for 4 days, then not again for 3 weeks" kinds
of bugs.

Matthew Kaufman