AS path question.

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Nov 11 01:02:27 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 5:44 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
> Do you think (or is there evidence) that very many ASs use maxas-limit type commands?  I have never used it and never had any problems...
I dunno. There was a bug with AS lengths or something not that far back.
Didn't effect any of my stuff, but just to be safe I added it to all my
routers. I don't know where I came up with the magical 75 number, but it
definitely seems reasonable that anything with 75+ ASNs in the path
probably don't deserve to be in my table.

Jack