Current trends in capacity planning and oversubscription

John van Oppen jvanoppen at spectrumnet.us
Wed Nov 10 17:03:06 UTC 2010

I am on the technology committee of the college I attended (Whitman) and they currently have a 200 mbit/sec via gigE link for a campus of just under 2000 and every building has at least 1X gigE into their backbone.    They are in a rural area (walla walla, wa) but they don't generally have more than 100 or 150 mbit/sec of usage, fitting nicely in the below recommendations.