RINA - scott whaps at the nanog hornets nest :-)

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sat Nov 6 22:19:10 UTC 2010

> While it reads well, what implementations are actually in use? As with
> most protocols, it is useless if it doesn't have a high penetration.
>
> Jack

Solaris 10, in use and on by default.  Available on Windows for a very
long time as "blackhole router detection" was off by default originally,
on by default since Win2003 SP2 and is on by default in Win7.  It is on
by default since Windows XP SP3.

It is available on Linux but not yet on by default.  I expect that will
change once it gets enough use.

I am not sure of the default deployment in MacOS and BSD but know it is
available.