RINA - scott whaps at the nanog hornets nest :-)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Nov 6 00:42:31 UTC 2010

--- nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org wrote:
From: Mark Smith <nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org>

> http://www.ionary.com/PSOC-MovingBeyondTCP.pdf

Who ever wrote that doesn't know what they're talking about. LISP is
not the IETF's proposed solution (the IETF don't have one, the IRTF do),
and streaming media was seen to be one of the early applications of the
Internet - these types of applications is why TCP was split out of
IP, why UDP was invented, and why UDP has has a significantly
different protocol number to TCP.

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that.  I will look into that bit of history just for fun.

Getting over misstated things like you've pointed out, what do you think of the concept?

scott