Token ring? topic hijack: was Re: Mystery open source switching

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Nov 4 20:16:21 UTC 2010

On 11/4/10 1:22 PM, Jason LeBlanc wrote:
> This is bringing back memories of DecNet and LAT, not good ones either.

LAT...  I think I've seen one network with that in actual use - I
believe it was coupled with uniplex and IBM 5250 serial terminals (going
back to the mid 90s).  I now finally understand why the sysadmin there
(a woman, which was rare in a male dominated field) was always
exhausted, stressed, and wanting to throw terminals out the front door.  :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org