Failover IPv6 with multiple PA prefixes (Was: IPv6 fc00::/7 - Unique local addresses)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Nov 4 00:21:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:01:32 PDT, Owen DeLong said:
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > Actually PI is WORSE if you can't get it routed as it requires NAT or
> > it requires MANUAL configuration of the address selection rules to be
> > used with PA.

> It's very easy to get PIv6 routed for free, so, I don't see the issue there.

It may be very easy to get it routed for free *now*.

Will it be possible to get PIv6 routed for free once there's 300K entries in
the IPv6 routing table?  Or zillions, as everybody and their pet llama start
using PI prefixes?  (Hey, if you managed to get PI to use instead of using an
ULA, and routing it is "free", may as well go for it, right?)