Token ring? topic hijack: was Re: Mystery open source switching

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Nov 3 06:19:54 UTC 2010

Jacob Broussard <shadowedstranger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow... Reading this thread I feel like some sort of time traveler, what with
> my cable internet, multicore processor, and smartphone.

Just in case it isn't clear, I use all of my ancient computing and
network technology by a *very* deliberate choice.  Just take the case of
the hardware gadget I've designed and built myself that goes from
SDSL/ATM to V.35-nee-EIA-530: I've only built and deployed it in the
summer of this year, although I had wanted one since late 2004 and had
been developing it as a hobby open source hardware project since 2006.

MS