Token ring? topic hijack: was Re: Mystery open source switching

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Tue Nov 2 19:51:22 UTC 2010

On 11/2/2010 12:43 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>
>> And FDDI and X.25 and every single legacy protocol

> Are there still any commercial X.25 nets in operation?  I had some
> peripheral involvement with Tymnet in the MCI/Concert conversion, and
> hear it shut down sometime in 2003-4.

I can say that there are, yes. They are in some gov't and quasi-gov't
installations, but they were there, last I looked (and that was very
recent). There are probably others, too, but I don't normally look for
such things.

--
Finding a needle in a haystack is a lot easier
if you burn down the haystack and scan the ashes