FIOS Router

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:24:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Chris Burwell <cburwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be honest, I'm not sure how they got the 100Mb service. The fastest
> service I have seen on the FiOS website is the 50/20. I can only
> assume that it varies by region.

It does, or it used to... rumors were DFW was a good place to get the
100/100 service.

As to the actiontec, just ditch it, if you have cat-5 from the ONT
you've been presented with an ethernet LAN, plug that into any old
switch and feed your end systems off that (presuming you have more
than 1 ip address and static addressing).

If you NEED a router/firewall, then get an ssg5 or use a little linux-alike box.

-Chris