Latency between GCI Anchorage and VZB in NY

Brad Beck Brad.Beck at meritain.com
Wed May 26 15:27:00 UTC 2010

All,

I've been working diligently to improve performance of interactive applications (Citrix, terminal) that are run by users in our office located in Anchorage, and are served by a managed Internet connection provided by GCI.  Our applications reside in the Buffalo, NY area.

Via MTR, I've seen no or almost-no lost packets, whereas RTT averages around 124ms and at times is as high as 328ms.

I'm looking for feedback from others regarding this RTT, hopefully from customers of GCI.  328ms RTT is high as far as I'm concerned, and it seems like this could be controlled a little better.

If this is status quo for GCI->VZB/MCI connections, then I'd be interested in that feedback as well.

Thanks in advance

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.