NIKSUN? Thoughts?

DMFH dmfh at dmfh.cx
Mon May 24 21:41:53 UTC 2010

All:

I've been digging for more information about NIKSUN, http://
www.niksun.com, and found this sort-of informative post here, <http://
www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nanog/users/125959#125959>, which got me
to join in here and ask if anyone has had more experience with them recently.

I'm taking a look at their "Enterprise" kit, so far, so good, I'm able
to place the probes at egress points in my network and get down to
packet / other data wherever through a single interface and avoid "probe
hopping", but before I expand my trial a bit more - anyone used this
before? The prior poster(s) just seemed to be using only a single
product like old Sniffers & I'm curious about bigger deployments.

/dmfh