DWDM hardware recommendations

ML ml at kenweb.org
Sat May 22 15:52:52 UTC 2010

I'm in the process of researching DWDM equipment for a new ring I'm
about to light.  Only two dark fibers to start.  My only experience with
WDM is a ring lit with MRV CWDM equipment by another provider.  The MRV
equipment hasn't failed once in the years I've had the service.
Good/bad/ugly thoughts on MRV?

What I'm looking for is the ability to drop 10G and 1G channels on the
same ring.  Upgradability to 40G channels is a plus.  I haven't been
told I should plan for OC-n but it would nice if I had the option.

Does anyone have a recommendation that might fit these requirements?

Thanks