IPv4 Multicast

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Fri May 21 21:26:44 UTC 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Jamie Sobczyk wrote:

> With my VLC receiver I can see the channels via SAP, but when I join the
> multicast group I don't receive anything.

verify packets actually land on the receiver (tcpdump, etc) interface. verify that your host has a route for 224/4 pointing out the interface you hope joins are leaving from. ensure iptables isn't blocking either the outgoing igmp join, and make sure that it's permitting the incoming mcast-dest packets.

if any of these are wrong/failing, then mcast won't work.

-Tk