Contacts re email deliverability problem to tmomail.net?

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Mon May 17 08:51:10 UTC 2010

> That may be, but it would surprise me.   The carriers still get paid
> by virtue of charging the recipients for the SMSes, and in this
> particular case cutting off this line of communication is leaving
> money on the table, as email->SMS deliverability is desired yet
> optional/secondary functionality of the app.

Paying to *receive* SMS?  And I thought the UK mobile industry was doing a good job of screwing its customers...

In all seriousness, I wonder if they're using the same platform for their email gateways world-wide, and / or  rate-limiting globally on the assumption that they're *not* making any money, as would be the case in many other locations?  Especially if the Tmobile US operation is tech-driven (or otherwise) from the German parent.

Regards,
Tim.