ipv6 transit over tunneled connection

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri May 14 19:43:10 UTC 2010

(Sent from my Blackberry, please avoid the flames as I can't do inline quoting)

Native IPv6 is a crapshoot.  About the only people in the US that I've seen that are no-bullshit IPv6 native ready is Hurricane Electric.  NTT is supposedly as well but I can't speak as to where they have connectivity.

Being that there's issues that leave us unable to get native connectivity, we have a BGP tunnel thanks to HE (with a 20ms latency from Seattle to Freemont).

Tunnels suck if not done correctly.  We sometimes have faster and more reliable connections through IPv6, so ymmv.

Brielle