Dial Concentrators - TNT / APX8000 R.I.P.

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Mon May 10 22:36:16 UTC 2010

Does this not highlight a wider issue?

I realise that dialup is hardly 'cutting edge' but there are providers out
there with a significant number of dialup customers still on the books.
Surely there's still a market for (what should be by now) a
straightforward, well known piece of kit?

In parts of the world where broadband is not ubiquitous and dialup remains
useful as a Plan-B or is simply the only choice (for whatever reason),
what are the practical choices now?

Whilst folks may not be fielding 'new' dialup kit, I dare say that we're
going to be continuing to see dialup customers on the books for the next 5
years, perhaps a lot longer?  That's a whole product lifespan...