Dial Concentrators - TNT / APX8000 R.I.P.

Anton Kapela tkapela at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:40:32 UTC 2010

On May 10, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Jerry Bonner wrote:

> Obviously no one is making large investments in their dial platform, but are there any other viable alternatives out there that are actually supported?

The current 'still works, has features, etc' box is as5400xm, and is terming most of a full ct3 per chassis. Any-Service Any-Port, t.37 on/off ramping, and v.34/v.92 works quite well, as do the nifty high-touch features (mppc, stac, mlppp-lfi, hqos, etc), thanks to the npe-g1-worth of CPU in the box. We use this for v.110/120 isdn and switched-56 (yes, it still exists) calls, tdm-tdm ISDN switching, and a few pstn OOB channels.

-Tk