New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 31 22:03:16 UTC 2010

On 31/03/2010 22:30, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> It's not in the wrt610n docs either yet the code was unambiguously in
> the box, complete with 6to4 that your couldn't shut off.

I have heard that if you visit the hidden "/system.asp" web page on those
devices and unclick the "Vista Premium" button, that this shuts down 6to4.
Don't have one of the boxes myself, so I can't test it.

I don't know whether to congratulate or feel sorry for Remco van Mook for
discovering this.

On 31/03/2010 22:51, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:
> I confirmed with Linksys' PR person that there is no IPv6 -- if someone
> sees different, please let us know.

Wouldn't be the first time that a PR person's opinion did not intersect
with reality - although it may well be the first time in recorded history
that a PR person undersold a product.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wrt610n+ipv6+%2Bsite%3A.linksys.com

Nick