Posting from freebie E-mail Accounts

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Wed Mar 31 04:01:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, March 31, 2010 4:42 pm, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
> Is there anyone here who is legitimate using a freebie webmail account?
> I am proposing that the NANOG administration drop everything originating
> from commonly used webmail providers, and add further RHS filters as
> additional providers are identified as problems.

I've found that most folks administering mailing lists tend to advocate
that folks use a personal email address on them, not a professional one,
as it tends to free the list from a glut of 'Out of Office' notices,
rediculously long disclaimer footers, and other such things; this seems
particularly relevant for NANOG.

With that in mind and noting a goodly number of folks using gmail, among
others, i'm not sure the cost:benefit would be there?

There's other ways to moderate content on a mailing list....