IPv4 ANYCAST setup

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Fri Mar 26 13:44:43 UTC 2010

On Mar 26, 2010, at 9:24 AM, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> InterNetX - Lutz Muehlig wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> has someone experience in anycast ipv4 networks (to support DNS)?
>
> "Never been done" "Dangerous" "TCP does not work" etc etc etc.

Can't really tell if you're being serious here due to caffeine underrun.
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog37/presentations/matt.levine.pdf
Slide 23 seems quite appropriate.

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-50/presentations/ripe50-plenary-tue-anycast.pdf
has links to other work on this.

It certainly seems to work "well enough".