Earthquakes

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed Mar 24 19:31:24 UTC 2010

I saw a recent(-ish) short thread about a mag. 4 quake in the SF Bay
Area. This
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/36.38.-123.-121.php
should provide with everything you need to know.

I check it on a daily basis and it's been rather quiet the past week or
2 or so. Actually I guess it's been rather quiet ever since the 1989
quake, but then a year or so ago I woke up in the morning from some
rattling doors so I guess it all depends on your perspective.

So far the "worst" quake ever I experienced was in the Netherlands back
around 1988. Magn. 5.2 or something. Which is interesting considering
these happen like once every 6 million years or thereabouts ;-)
Actually I slept through it so I don't know if one can call it
"experiencing".

Greetings,
Jeroen